Saturday 5 April 2008

Interactions

I've been so busy building (the store and jewellery) recently that I have neglected to blog my finished pieces as I've released them, so, here is a bit of a catch up, starting with a range that is important to me on a personal level. Let me explain a little more.

Interactions :: Coming Full Circle


Snapshot of Interactions :: Coming Full Circle



This is an exert from the notecard included with the sculpture.

"This piece of Kinetic Art, by Skinkie Winkler is her representation of the interactions we experience as we walk through life. Each curved spoke symbolises a relationship, the circular levels indicating the level of significance, affecting the heart or soul of an individual. As the interaction takes place, as the prims cross , there is disruption of the other, less obvious as the observer moves further away, some causing more interference than others. The prims move on to a period of calmness, before the next interaction, never-ending, ever-changing, the pattern never quite the same again. For the most part the background is slightly blurred, slightly irregular, with highlights and shadows. Yet in the very centre is a small constantly moving window offering a glimpse of what it hidden, what is yet to be, what the future might hold."


Interactions Jewellery

Why art? Because, to me, it has meaning. It's creation changed something inside my soul and expresses a part of me. You may call it what you like - jewellery, bling, junk, it doesn't much matter. To *me*, it's creator, it is art. :: The Meaning Behind The Interactions Jewellery Series :: The design is based upon a kinetic sculpture I built back in January 2008 called "Interactions::Coming Full Circle". This jewellery captures a moment in time, a snapshot of an individual's interactions, their relationship(s) at a point when it is perfectly balanced, symmetrical. At that moment there is perfection, calmness, bliss. Moments later, the balance has gone, but it's not forgotten. It will return, eventually, but it will never last long and it will never be exactly the same. In this wearable art however, it is remembered, treasured and celebrated.

As you might imagine, there is a specific moment in my life that this relates to and was inspired by. Creating this set has allowed me to acknowledge it, to recognise it's beauty, to indulge it's memory and to move on. To look at it and think "wow, that was wonderful" rather than yearn for it's return. Perhaps you have a similar special moment? If so, I hope this piece helps you to remember, cherish and celebrate it.

"Je ne regrette rien"

















Interactions pieces are available singly, or as a set. I do not apologise for the high price tag on them. They represent many many hours of work, and, in essence, contain a small part of me.

Thanks go to Noel Oh for the high resolution images of the jewellery.

Available at the ~flirt~ mainstore in Juicy and from my OnRez Shopfront

No comments: